Friday, December 10, 2010

Lovely Appetizer Idea

Last night for dinner I had to come up with something yummy and different.  DH is working awfully hard lately and he had a particularly difficult day yesterday and I wanted to give him a meal that would warm his belly and heart.

Yesterday I made a Costco run.  Costco sells seafood salads by GulfCoast foods and we enjoy the Maine Lobster Spread a lot.  My boys love it so I decided it was what we would have for dinner.

I created this recipe on my own although I am sure someone out there has thought of the same idea.

Lobster Bites - serves 4

1 container GulfCoast Maine Lobster Salad Spread
3 eggroll wrappers (cut them into four pieces per wrapper)
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 green onion, chopped

* Turn oven on to broil (if you have two settings on your oven use low setting).  Spray 12 cup muffin pan with not stick spray
* Take one square of your eggroll wrappers that you cut and put it in the muffin tin and create a little bowl.  Repeat with the other 11 squares and tins (my three year old thought this was a lot of fun)
* Put one tbsp of salad in each cup and sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese evenly over tins
* Put pan into oven and watch it closely.  I waited for the wrappers to brown, to see the cheese had melted, and to see if the salad was hot and bubbly.  (DO NOT WALK AWAY on this step)
* Take out the pan sprinkle green onions on top and enjoy.

It was absolutely divine!!!

No comments: