Monday, March 1, 2010

Birthday Party was saved!!!

So as we are in Lent and the boys have a friend with dairy and nut allergies I found myself in a pickle. How can I have yummy cupcakes that are safe for their little buddy and yet taste yummy? Well thanks to a good mommy friend we used a fantastic packaged product.




Cherrybrook Kitchen has awesome mixes for those that are restricted to certain diets for health reasons or for those who eat a certain way by choice.  I made the yellow and chocolate mix as well as the vanilla and chocolate icings.  YUMMY!!!  The texture was a little different but the taste was awesome!!!  I did add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to both mixes but I often do that with other cake mixes so nothing out of the ordinary.  Taking a page out of Sandra Lee's Semi-homemade book.

I totally recommend this product and let me know if you try it and how you like it.

No comments: